View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 01:06 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Default Front end digital foundation

AA’ers

Added the iFi with Spade to the AQVox SE switch using the repurposed Nordost Red Dawn power cable formerly feeding the Keces P8 replacing it with an AudioQuest Thunder Source power cable from the Audioquest Powerquest 3.

The iFi spade contributed a modest gain to noise reduction, and wanted to be sure I wasn’t losing anything as I was suspicious. I believe the Red Dawn did something here, but not sure as the Thunder was put in right after and the first hour you could hear where things might go, then the burn in on the Thunder set in, making me shut the amps off and let the cable do it’s thing over night. This morning it’s a night and day difference, it’s bringing things together nicely.

Takeaway;

- iFi proved a modest gain, a better power cable may make a difference but not sure - this grounding process uses electrical grounding whereas my switch grounding is what I consider passive

- power cables influence Linear Power Supplies, and the Keces in my system performed horribly with an Ansuz C2, good with an Audioquest NRG 2, better with a Nordost Red Dawn and well on its way with the Audioquest Thunder Source passing all.

- Pay attention to what’s coming into your system as you can rob performance from other pieces in your system.

- Grounding; electrical and passive makes a good system into a great system!

Happy Listening!

Image1560618397.911022.jpgImage1560618410.447175.jpg

Last edited by For The Love of Music; 06-15-2019 at 01:10 PM.