View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuba View Post
Thank you Jim for the warm welcome and prompt reply.

Yes I do like the MBL sound indeed ... I like especially the way the music kind of floats through the air from one room to another (an idiosyncrasy of mine is to pot around the house with the music on in another room!). I like my JM Lab Utopias but they do not have the same effect.

Hmm ... yes I would have to look at the numbers, ideally a pair of 9007s would be prefect for the 111Fs. My listening room is not huge but I have come to appreciate the importance of raw power needed for control and drive of speakers, especially ones with a subwoofer component.

I am currently based in germany for a year and the local MBL dealer did say that they may be able to help me obtain a VAT rebate if I bought the system here. That would be a 19% rebate! Sounds too good to be true. I will have to await his proposal.

With kind regards,
Leon
Leon

If you plan on the 111F's then I would suggest at least going with the 9007's. When I first purchased my 111e's I was using 501's and I thought they were doing a god job. I was surprised that the 1.2ks were able to get a much better grip on the low end of the 111's. The funny thing is the meters on my 1.2ks seldom ever hit 12 watts.

You will be very happy with an all MBL system. Where in Germany are you staying?

Looking forward to any comments on JM Lab. I have been a fan of their product for awhile now.