View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
Christian,
I'm a firm believer that cables are system dependent. Remember I'm comparing the WW Platinum series 8 to the AQ Fire and WW series 7(at least what I can remember), not AQ WELs. I added another WW Platinum and in my system the imaging, soundstaging, and tonality of instruments with the WW Platinum is a definite step forward over the Fire. Remember the WW Platinum and AQ Fire list price are the same, while the WELs is more expensive. To my ears the Fire sounds a little cleaner, but doesn't come close to the WW regarding differentiation of height and spacing between singers and instruments. No absolutes, this is what I hear on my system.
I'm so impressed with the series 8, I'm going to try the WW Gold Eclipse speaker cables, the Platinum is a little too steep for me.
Glad to hear the additional brought more benefits.
Re portrayal of height and spacing - that's always been one of the attributes of Platinum Eclipse that I've admired. It's uncanny how vocalists in some recordings occupy space between the speakers with the Platinum Eclipse.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables