Thread: AX-5 Twenty
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
I agree that it is all about system synergy. My AX5 couldn't make my 803s do what the INT-250 can (but with twice the power, so not too surprising).

My AX5 does however make my Dyns in my office sing so sweetly.

I do hope you either tire of the Ayre or add a room. I'm hoping you try the Diablo 300 and Moon 700i. You'd then have tried every integrated I've considered and would be able to offer the most credible comparison IMO.
aardvarkbark, I actually considered the Diablo 300 but decided to give my business to a domestic company that has a great policy for system upgrades and warranty coverage. I’m also trying to focus on pieces that don’t weight too much. I messed up my knees lugging 150 pound pieces up and down my stairs!

I know that I have said this before, but I think I am done with my amp search. This Ayre fits really well in my current configuration and while a visit to Ivan’s Castle of Audio Nirvana might prompt me to rethink my last statement, I think I will now focus on some more room tweaks and probably a new rack.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,

Last edited by GreginNH1; 12-17-2017 at 08:16 AM.