View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 08:51 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalthien View Post
Right now, I'm using the Ortofon 2M Red that came with my Traveler. My first order of business, regardless of the table, is to change that out. My top runner at the moment is the Sumiko Blue Point EVO LOMC. I know that'll make a huge difference on its own.
My 'go to ' MM cartridge is the 2M Black and it is an excellent cartridge and I highly recommend. Just behind it is the AT150MLX. Talk to Ivan (Masterlu) about a cartridge. He is an Ortofon dealer as well as a few others. He will definitely have something good for you.

The nice thing about the Scout (I would look for a Scoutmaster or other upgraded model) is the 9" arm-wands come up on the used market quite often. Is a relatively inexpensive way to do some cartridge swapping in the future. I agree with Mikey (Michael Fremer) that the stiffness of a 9" arm is more important than the slight tracking error improvement of longer arms. The 9" arms are much 'handier' in use, as well.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 03-30-2016 at 09:00 AM.