Thread: Legacy Calibre
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC2 View Post
You are so on point, I couldn’t help but to express to Legacy that if they would make stands for these they would sell many more. Given the fact that it is not shaped like the average stand mount speaker and they are quite herfty also. It would seem like a no brainer.
Agreed...I'd suggest calling and writing to them; they are the most accommodating company or at least 1 of a short list out there.

I do disagree on one point however; the last material on the planet I would utilize to make a speaker stand, particular one for a speaker that goes down to 38Hz as the Calibers do, is wood for acoustic reasonings. I've thought about speaker stands made of wood over the years and they would certainly be beautiful, but unless you can get a hold of 100 year aged maple that is much harder than the norm or something of that ilk, or Argentinean "Quebracho" that is so hard that assuming you can craft it into a stand in the first place, that it behaves like some other material acoustically.

Personally, my take on stands for the Calibers is a bit different as you'll see in other posts....put them on a pair of Legacy Foundation subs with sorbethane pucks in between for isolation ! That way you have a speaker 'stand' that goes flat to 16Hz and possibly beyond based on what I'm hearing in room !