View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 02:09 PM

Default Tidal on Audirvana

I finally decided to try Tidal with A+, and I think it's staying.

A few years ago, I tried using Tidal on my ipad and used bluetooth to stream it from my ipad, because there wasn't an easy way to use the ipad to control my mac mini directly with Tidal. It was pretty much a disaster. I had a crappy internet connection and wifi at the time, which made it worse.

Now, I have a lightning fast internet connection and wifi, and I've purchased A+ 3.0 with Tidal integration. I was using Jriver for a while but I think this combination is sounding better than ever, and in fact it sounds better than using my own rips to flac. I don't know how, since it's essentially the same thing.

A+ unfolds the first level of MQA, and I don't have an MQA dac, so I don't get the whole MQA experience, but the sound is pretty damn good regardless. Maybe the best digital I've heard in my house up to now. On a side note, my K-01x has broken in and is sounding sweet.

About the only complaint I have is the ipad app for A+ is "ok" but not "great". I know Damien has been working on it for some time, it's kind of an afterthought, but it will come along I am sure.

Anyone else doing this?