View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
Talk about a retro look... Can't say I'm a fan of the styling - too 1950's switchboard for me... never heard 'em so I'll take your word on how they sound.
These amps speak to me on many levels. The style and design combine many elements that I find appealing. Stylistically, IMHO, the contrasting look and combination of copper and aluminum is very nice for starters, the clean, clutter free look devoid of ugly, cheap screws, the usual razor sharp heatsinks replaced by a more modern venturi cooling design, the gorgeous meter that was inspired by a Breguet watch... I really like the execution of this amp, neither diminutive nor huge, neither overly flashy nor bland and industrial looking, it combines elements of old and modern in a very tasteful way. I'd be willing to be that some of the non-audiophile designers out there would approve of this look, even if they don't exactly understand why one needs a $45k pair of amplifiers.... But, that's my opinion. Some will like it, others may not, it's all good.

Last edited by PHC1; 02-22-2011 at 06:27 PM.