View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
I read the 6moons review when it first came out, and it does not appear to be changed from what I can tell. I think Srajan is a very good writer and does a nice and thorough job with his reviews. I agree with much of his review, but I wonder about his tube choices and how those affected the review in terms of the apparent softness and lack of focus he describes, as I do not hear that at all in my system. I wish that he would have used the Sophia Electric 6SN7s and Mullard rectifier that Dan Wright recommends as tube upgrades and performed the review based on that. He also does not mention the unit having the Bybee Music Rail or Pulse Gen ZX upgrades, so I assume the unit does not have those. I also believe he should have listened to the stock 105 as a basis for evaluating the performance/value of the modifications.

Those are minor complaints though, and overall I do think the review was well done. I look forward to hearing other professional reviews as well as direct user feedback on this fantastic player!

I spoke with Modwright and for 2295.00 it does not Include pulse generator or Bybee rails.