View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMercer View Post
I have MC2301s & C1000C/T on the way!

Sweet! What 2-ch speakers will you use with your wonderful MC2301’s?
I have Dali Grands. They're shaped like the bodice of a woman. I prefer to listen to them naked.

The Grands are five-driver speakers, each containing two rear-firing ports, two eight-inch woofers, two five-inch midrange drivers, and a slightly-larger-than-one-inch modified silk dome tweeter. With a sensitivity of 90dB and a nominal 4-ohm impedance that drops to no more than 3.2 ohms. They are sixteen inches deep and over forty-six inches high. They weigh about 50 kg/110 lb ea. They were replaced by the Euphonias.

Specs are as follows:

Frequency Response: 33Hz-27KHz
Impedence: 4ohms
Bass reflex System Resonance 27, 5 Hz
Crossover: 600Hz, 4.0kHz
Sensitivity 2,83V: 90
Max SPL: 115db
Power Rating: 50-500w (They are on the hungry side.)

I have matching Dali Grand Vocal centre. I am currently searching for a pair of Dali Grand Coupes in Cherry at least 8/10+ to replace the rears. Finding them hard to come by on the 2nd hand market. Nothing on Audiogon.

The Grands are not well known but highly regarded. They also go pretty low. I personally think they perform better than Dali Euphonia MS4. Some have compared them to B&W 802s. I can't say b/c I haven't had the opportunity to compare.

I guess the MC2301s will drive the Grands to their musical limit & then some. Perhaps at some stage in the future I will want something even more revealing...

The photos are stock images, cherry & rouge. there was also a piano black. The cherry darkens & develops a lovely patina over time.

(Anyway....now off topic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dali_grand.jpg (6.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg dali_grand_diva.jpg (11.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg dali_grand_vocal.jpg (3.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg dali_grand_coupe.jpg (6.9 KB, 7 views)