View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80B View Post
David,
So, it's been a few years; I recall your evolution from the Cremona, and the build-out of a wonderful room, all around the same time as Alberto's 252 Youtube video at the time of the founding of AA. You're in a very good place, but have you had the itch at all to listen to Strads in your room? Alberto's last sentence above does ring true in a lot of ways despite my question.

My experience is that I just got a lot closer myself a couple months ago with the addition of the C2500 and the Amati Futuras, not having really changed anything for a slightly longer interim. I was happy with the setup but knew there was still room to improve. I think there is still, but don't mind enjoying the setup we've got now for a while, a good while.
One thing to keep in mind is perspective. We are a bit skewed in this esteemed forum–and in an audiophile world with $200K turntables, $15,000 cartridges, $10,000 cables, etc.

David's system is top notch and big $ all the way–including the room. In wine terms, this is not like being satisfied/settling with a $20 of Mondavi, let alone a "Two-buck Chuck", but saying: "I'm quite happy with this $200 bottle of Opus One as my daily go-to wine." :-)

Alberto