View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio View Post
Great post Lew! JL's are amazing. Like I mentioned in the Revel thread - try different positions as to where the driver faces, when I had a dual PB13Ultra set up with my 802D2s, they integrated amazingly positioned in the center of the room firing to the sides.
In my current set up - one driver faces the left and one the listening couch. Trick will work for either.

Watts / Driver size is like Horsepower / Cars - sometimes you can have too much. Several years ago I owned a highly modified car that made 500 lb/ tq at IDLE on the dyno and peaked at over 800. Fun for bragging, un-drivable even with warm, grooved slicks...

Keep us posted!!!
Pio, I'm getting longer balanced interconnects to facilitate more placement options. My options are limited now as my cabling limits the full gamut of placement possibilities.

I get the point of your last analogy. Sometimes too much is too much. The SVs could be suffering from that syndrome. With that in mind, the experiments will continue until the subject organism is cured or dies. I haven't tried center placement as yet, but I'll mess with pointing the things in different directions.
North, south, east or west
Try to guess which one is best!

Last edited by Pampero; 12-14-2016 at 02:31 PM.