View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Britt.......My suggestion is to contact Paul Wakeen at Stillpoints for specific answers to your questions. Let us know what he says.

paul@stillpoints.us
I got an immediate reply (below in italics). Very impressive. My interpretation of this reply is that some prefer them looser and some prefer them tighter. I warmed up my system this afternoon and dropped the stylus on some "reference" albums. I cannot say that I could immediately tell any difference. Maybe. But I think I'll play with tightening them back up one at a time and see if anything more dramatic jumps out at me. I'm playing records I'm very familiar with and the result is leaving on the fence. Others, of course, might have a more definitive experience.

Here's Paul's reply:

With our technology, we our attempting to limit the vibration’s travel, storage, and rebound. Although the vibration that we aim at is very high by keeping the connections loose, you can broaden the frequency range and make the filter more productive.

For an example, when mowing the lawn if you grip the handle tightly the vibration from the engine goes up your arm. If you keep a loose grip on the handle the vibration stays close to your wrist.

For what I listen for, I always prefer the connections to be loose. But for some, in their system, they could like the connections tight. So I tell them to try it both ways.

Last edited by MisterBritt; 10-25-2017 at 04:25 PM.