View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 10:05 PM

Tom, thanks for your reply. I wish I could decrease the distance. You are absolutely correct that keeping cable distances to a minimum is important. Is 3 meters too long for it to be worth it?

I listen in a multipurpose space, a home library/office, and my setup will not allow shorter for a computer source, which will be off to the left. Attached is a picture of my usual sitting position. I run the cables behind because the cabinet doors swing open and slide back in. I’ll unfortunately also be limited to bookshelf/monitor speakers too. My wife insists she be able to hide my audio equipment from view when I am not listening. Bless her, as she just does not understand. I am making do the best I can.

The only way to decrease USB cable distance would be to move my DAC up and to the left... then I would unfortunately have to increase my other interconnect lengths. I am open to any creative ideas.
—————————————————
Ivan, you are gracious and generous as usual. I am pretty sure I will end up contacting you soon. I suspected WW would likely be my best option. I just wanted to hear what others may have to say... and let due process take it’s course.

Best,
Shrinky
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5A6C3BCC-8697-4E8B-AB87-F45ACC7FD1E2.jpeg (1.28 MB, 73 views)