View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
I just saw this post by Alan Sircom the Editor of Hi Fi+. He heard them at a Portugal Show.

Sounds like he likes them, or at least the Q5's with some top dollar amps and cabling. Hope I get to hear them someday. Maybe RMAF 2010.

Perhaps the biggest was the first showing of the final, signed-off version of the Magico Q5 (the CES outing was a late prototype… there have been some small, but significant, changes since then) at one of importer Imacustica’s rooms. The chance to hear this remarkable loudspeaker partnered with the new DarTZeel NHB-458 mono power amps proved irresistible. The actual listening to the system (which also brought the EAT turntable, Metronome Technologie’s epic CD player, DarTZeel NHB-18NS preamp and Transparent’s top speaker cable to the party) proved even better than the anticipation. It’s often hard to tear yourself away from a system that costs in excess of a quarter of a million dollars, especially one that sounds just as wonderful at one watt as it was swinging nearly a kilowatt, but this one was truly special, quite simply the best sound I have ever heard from audio, not just in a show… but anywhere. Hotel security had to pry me away to listen to the rest of the show systems.
Think the Q5 is priced to sell and be "competitor" to the Maxx 3.

By the way Jim, how's the new 111F's?

Ron's showroom is devoid of the high end MBL's speakers when I last visited last Friday ... a.k.a. 101e MkII as well yours.