View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Charles.......Oh!

My recommendation is to seek out a Bryston dealer and audition the new Model T. By all reviews and owner comments the Bryston Model T speaker is a giant killer, punching WAY above it's price point. Bryston intentionally put a ridiculously low price on their first speaker to gain attention and achieve some traction in the market place as a speaker manufacturer. Even with the real wood veneer option the Model T comes in under $7500 a pair and is standing toe to toe with speakers three times their price. I don't expect Bryston to keep this introductory pricing much longer on what is turning out to be a very well received hi-end speaker.

The Inner Ear Magazine - Discover High End

Nice photo.

I contacted Bryston and got an e-mail from James Tanner himself. There aren't any NY dealers yet, as demand is outstripping production. There's a Bryston dealer in NYC, but he doesn't sell the speakers; not all dealers will, either.

This is still about the logical/practical merits of an early, pre-retirement replacement of my Mirages for now, and I want to be satisfied with any decision I make on that first. If I decide yes and the Brystons are around at or near the current price, and my wallet agrees, they may well be the ones (if I can find them). I saw that Inner Ear review a few days ago and skimmed it—it's a good review. I may re-read it.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks