View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
My opinion is that if you are completely happy with the M3's and they are giving you what you want then why change them. I was an M1 owner for many years and now have Revel which I think is a similar sound signature. My brother has my M1's and they still function flawlessly. As a matter of fact when I go to his place for a beverage and a listen I get to thinking how much I miss the way they fill the room with great sound and would not be embarrassed to have them back.

What may also help you make up you mind is to go take a listen to some speakers that interest you and are in your price range and see if you are happier. If not then save the funds.

One last solution is that you take the funds that you would spend on the speakers and place this money aside for a future upgrade. Not touching these funds will be the hard part.
I do have a small list of potential replacements, but auditions may be difficult. The dealer up in Scarsdale, NY I bought my TV and BD player from is a Def Tech dealer, so perhaps I could check whether he has the BP-7000sc or Mythos ST out so I can listen. There's a Legacy (Focus SE) dealer in New Haven, CT but that's an 8-hour round trip plus finding the store plus the time spent in it. This dealer is a Def Tech dealer also so a comparison may be possible, but I think I'd need to be more serious about making a move to go to the necessary trouble; plus, it's weekends by appointment only. And there's no Bryston (Model T) speaker dealer in the NYC area, so that's out for now. The 7000sc has an edge because it, like the Mirage, is bipolar and I like the concept. But, the Brystons are getting rave reviews and have a 20-year warranty.

I may spend some more time listening to my M-3sis and continue looking at potential replacements. Saving is a good idea; maybe I can work all three of these options. It's about gaining the best perspective. Thanks for the input.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 09-16-2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: typo