View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Clayton... we’ll talk on the phone soon.
MasterLu to the rescue! There should be AA shirts with that printed up on them... just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
Got it!
My first screen was a DaLite. Inexpensive compared to the Stewart I have now but worked very well for me.
Looks like you are going to be spending big bucks for a projector so you might as well pick wisely on the screen material.
You will not be spending on the screen mechanism. So only the screen *material* is your concern. Try to find a good match for material based on the projector, room ambient light, and seating position.
Yeah, when it comes to the screen, I don't really feel the tug of brand allegiance, but there seems to be this magic triangle of projector brightness, throw distance, and screen size/gain that is difficult for me to navigate. My screen choice is really going to be more about decoding that than it is price... well, I mean, price is definitely a factor because a dollar saved here can be redirected to a dollar spend more wisely somewhere else in this project, but I kinda stepped out of the gate knowing the screen cost would be non-trivial (to me).

Thanks for the pointers...
/c