View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
Don't have one favorite per se. A big bold red with a nice long and smooth finish will do - Napa Cabs, Big Tuscan or a Boudeax (Margaux, St. Emilion) would be nice.

Mike
(I'm with you Mike!)

Wow, what a great thread. I wish i could spend more time on this board. So many great discussions outside of audio. I am totally a red drinker. Not sure what happened along the way, but just lost interest in whites. Was a big fan of Chards, but so many of them now taste like beer to me (funnily enough, wife feels same way). As for reds, I am a big fan of Bordeaux and some Cabs, but lately have been really enjoying Italian reds, especially super Tuscans, as well as really getting to know and love Pinot Noirs. Recommendations among the better wines I've had include Opus One and Ornellaia. Unfortunately, I often have a great wine at a business dinner and fail to remember what it was (I believe there is a direct correlation between my memory failure and how much I've had to drink )

I love to hear and give recommendations, but the worst thing that can happen is to give a reccomendation and it isn't liked. I was in Ft Lauderdale on vacation a few years ago and took my family to an excellent Italian restaurant. Saw a red I had recently enjoyed and convinced my wife we should try it over another bottle she wanted. Well, went over like a lead balloon. Really wasnt al that good, but not bad enough that I would call it spoiled and return it. Got back home and realized it was one year off of the vintage I enjoyed prior, and not a good one.
Really ticked me off that they would carry an inferior vintage and sell it for a premium price, but a lesson learned.

Viva la vino!