View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima View Post
I understand what you're saying. The ARC Ref10 is a fine linestage and as an owner myself I experience many of the qualities you describe.

Are your impressions based on that article or have you used the Berning QuadZ in your system with your Ref 10? Or have you tried the VTL 7.5 or CJ GAT2 in your system? The article's characterization was largely in terms relative to the three models under discussion.
Hi Tima,

My comments, which were confined only to the Ref 10 preamp, are based on the article and my experience listening to Ref 10 coupled with a number of different amps. I have found the sound quality to be variable, based on the synergy of the preamp/amp pairing. I have not heard the Berning in my sytem nor either of the other two preamps. My experience has been that certain amplifiers have amazing synergy with the Ref 10, such as ARC, Vandersteen and Aesthetix. Other amplifiers such as Soulution and Ayre, I have personally found to be less enjoyable when paired with the Ref 10. A lot of it comes down to personal taste too.

Best,
Ken

Last edited by PlanarSpeakerFan; 11-25-2016 at 09:34 AM.