View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 03:49 PM

Default What a difference a year made...

...365 little days

I've joined AA almost year ago and I've received my Elipsa Red a year ago, day for day. At the time, I had a lowly TT that I was barely using, I was spinning CDs on the DP67 bought a couple of months before and I had cheap cables. I had upgraded to the Accuphase E360 a year before.

I had almost no vinyl and my CD collection was still growing. Finally, I knew no one here!

Today, I've a good TT with a cart that is 5x the cost of the previous one. I'm listening to mono block tubes, my room is treated and I've even started with power treatment. I've sold the DP67 for a DAC since all my music is on the mac mini and I'm listening to more vinyl (easy when it was zero before). I'm getting close to full Wireworld (though there is some delays here for implementation).

The sound I'm getting now has nothing to do with what I used to have before the Elipsa.

I've added close to 200 or 300 CDs and now I'm close to 100 LPs. I'm listening to much more music than before. I'm spending whole evening or weekends listening to music when I used to barely listening to my system once a week.

Finally, and the best part, I've made true friends here (online and offline!). I've met some of you and you've all impressed me. I hope to meet even more of you. I've done my pilgrimage to Cape Cod to hear what a true system must sound like

I still have a lot to improve to get where I want to go but I'm enjoying the journey and I'm headed in the right direction. So here's to another year