Thread: MC205 Question
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 12:43 PM

Thank you for your input, gents. It is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
Just get the MC207 and you won't have to do any splitting
Well, I have to split something. I only have one balanced XLR center channel output I can use on the MX135. My thought was to split the signal input from the MX vs. splitting the power output from the MC.

The MC207 is a good amp but it adds 2 more channels I won't be using. I'm leaving one unused on the MC205 as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacman View Post
If these are the 8 or 6 Ohm speakers, I'd likely wire them in parallel and connect them to the Center channel of the 205. Although your Emotiva has two outputs, they're simply connected together inside the amp. Why waste a channel if you don't need to?
I'll have one more channel than I need under the scenario I envisioned. If I can serve both speakers with their own channel on the amplifier would that not be a better approach?

My two left & right front main speakers have their own MC501's so I have no concerns over having enough outputs.

As I pondered my question last night I realized the MC205 inputs are labeled for certain functions. However, those labels don't prevent me from using the MC205 inputs for other outputs from the MX.