View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikr View Post
I'd like to build a 2-channel system around a McIntosh MC452. I realize it's a little weird to pick the amp before the speakers, but the MC207 I got for my home theater system has made me a McIntosh convert. Plus I've demoed the MC452 (w/802 Diamonds) a couple times and just love it. I did consider the 802 Diamonds, but they just don't go low enough for me. I'd like to avoid a subwoofer, so I've been researching speakers in the $10k price range (used or new) that go down into the mid-20s (Hz). I wan't planning to start this project until next year, but then I came across a used pair of Canton Reference 3.2 DCs in my area. High-end used stuff like this isn't common here and since the asking price is within my budget, I thought I should give them a listen. I liked what I heard, but it didn't totally blow me away...but part of that was probably the sub-optimal room. The electronics were also different than what I'm planning. The Cantons were running on a Naim disc player, Audio Research preamp, and Classe Delta M600 monoblocks. Initially I'll use my Oppo BDP-95 as source and preamp going directly into the MC452. Eventually I may get a separate (McIntosh?) preamp. I don't know if I'd ever get a chance to demo the 7Ts here, so I was curious if anyone who has the 7Ts have had experience with the Cantons and could describe how they'd compare?
If your not sure, then your sure it's not exactly what you want. Don't settle.

Sent from my iPhone