View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
Just returned from tonight's Music Matters event at Paragon in Ann Arbor. This evenings event focused on Krell and Wadia. They had one room set up with a complete Krell system consisting of the Modulari Duo's, 600 mono blocks, the 525 CD/DVD transport and their HT processor. Anyone who thinks that Krell cannot make world class speakers has not heard the Duo's. (These are probably the same group of people who think McIntosh cannot make speakers either)

This system may not appeal to everyone but it sure hits all the right buttons for me. It is fast and probably does bass as good as anything I can remember hearing. Vocals were accurate and drums very, very realistic. From what I heard I believe them when they indicate they are flat to 25hz. The Maxx 3's which will be on display in two weeks have their work cut out for them.

Wadia had their top of the line 9 series DAC's and transport running thru 2301's and Sasha's. I enjoyed the technical discussion that went on here. A lot of discussion about sampling rates, filters, etc.

Next weeks event is will be McIntosh and B&W.
Thanks for the follow up. Interesting choice of an amp for the Sasha. I hope the tubed 2301s don't mind the 1.8 impedance dip the Sasha likes to punish the amps with. Even the ss Ayre MX-Rs stumbled a bit when the Sasha was opened up a notch or two on high energy music. The Sasha also sounded a bit much on the warmer side with the tubey sounding ss Ayre MX-Rs, I'd love to hear what they sound like with all tubed amp. I doubt I would like it as much.

Last edited by PHC1; 10-15-2009 at 10:48 PM.