View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Charles
is there a reason behind your choice of Black? I have seen a number of XLF's, Alexandria's, Alexx's and Maxx's yet only a couple times in Black. Does that work best in your room? Who is your dealer by the way?
Jim, thinking about it, I believe I'll go with "Galaxy Grey" or "Space Grey". Why? Looking at my AQ power conditioners which are on the floor next to my Alexx, their tops and sides exactly match this color. Before you mentioned this, I had never noticed this fact. Recall, I purchased my Alexx about a year before my large AQ purchase and I just wanted to try something besides black, but not too bold. Galaxy Grey seemed the perfect color. Also, instead of black trim, I'm going to go with the stainless steel look for the aluminium trim, because it will match the fronts of my power conditioners. I have 3 gorgeous AQ Niagara 5000's on the floor right in front of my Alexx. Their fronts are stainless steel.

I really appreciate your thoughts on this matter. It is a comment like this that makes so much difference. I didn't know this, about the colors. I never felt particularly good about piano black but knew I wasn't going for a premium color. I actually like the galaxy color better. If I ever trade in my Thor for a Master Chronosonic sub I'll match it to my xvx.

Again, as to the dealership let me get all this done first. I'm still a long way from looking at an xvx in my mancave. When that happens with Ivan's permission which I'm sure he will be happy to grant, I'll supply the dealer. Thank you again. My oh my, what a sage comment about Wilsons.

Last edited by Charles; 11-02-2019 at 01:37 PM.