View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 09:57 PM

I love this forum. Polite and yet knowledgeable.

Dave, I have about 55 hours so far. So not nearly enough. At first I used the 4ohm taps. But the first day things sounded pretty bad lol so I went online and read about changing to 8ohm. I've left it on 8 ohm since that 2nd day. Would be interesting to try the 4ohm again now that they've warmed up a bit.

Timm:
The bass is boomy yes. Maybe a tad better over time. I keep experimenting with placement. The room is very "leaky". The total room depth is 26 feet. But to the listening chairs I uploaded about 18 feet. Width is nearly 14 feet.

As of now I have the Bass settings on +2...and the mid bass to 0. Tried the 0 setting and it was not as good. Think I have been afraid to adjust those settings. Kind of against my nature but they are there for a reason.

My plan is too put the spikes on this weekend. I have spike shoes on the way. Then I can adjust the rake a tad.

You know theres not going to be that ultimate sweet spot when I get both chairs in. They will be side by side. The flashlight meter for placement seems to be geared for the seat in the middle. I won't have that.