View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1chen View Post
Chances is I will go with the Q3 and later add the q-sub when it arrived. As I mention earlier in my post, Q3 is like a "perfect" transducer. It work like a measuring instrument rather than a tuned speaker. It delivers what is in your system and every small change even a power cord swap between the pre and DAC yield a drastic different.

On the hand, the alexia is a more easy speaker to live with with many people. It easily translate music album you have into some live playback and realism in your room. The q3 on the other hand demand the most out from the electronic, cables and source. But with the right gear, it is awesome. On the other hand, the magico can be dry, monotonous, light weight bass if it is pair with only average gear. Take for instance, I know 300B tube amp sound are magical, but I never hear 300B amp can be so emotional, micro detail and rhythmic before till it pair with the q3. The mid range of the q3 with the 300B is so musical that you want to sing along with the singer. The blue music guitar sounding so real that you want to standup and play along with them.
S1, If you can afford both the Q3 and awesome Q sub (around $75,000 msrp) you are fortunate person indeed! I agree the Magico's sound best with warm, tube like solid state amps. I have only seen them demonstrated with Vac tubes which apparently has good synergy (as it should for the price). As you know, Alon previously favored the Vac tube mono blocks, but now uses Vitus mono blocks and a Vitus preamp in his sound room There are also Constellation amps in situ, but that has more to do with cross pollination.

I would be interested to see how well the Q-sub integrates with the Q3 in practice

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 12-29-2013 at 12:21 AM.