View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereo_5 View Post
I am a proud owner of the newSL1200G turntable. It co st 4K, has the brass top on the platter ( platter is twice as heavy as the original SL1200G), magnesium tone arm, etc. the only difference in it and the GAEis The badging and feet.

Prior to this turntable, I had a VPI Prime and VPI Scout before that. The Technics blows away both of them! I couldn’t stand the unipivot arm, constantly had to fiddle with it and could not get rid of acoustic feedback. I have no such problems and the music just flows. I have played more vinyl sinc3 I bought the Technics than I have in the last 15 years. I have zero complaints and am extremely satisfied. For myself and my wife, this was a solid upgrade.
VPI Aries Scout to Technics SL-1200G upgrade today for me too. Much less kitschy, and much more user friendly. I agree with the uniPivot issue, although I had it figured out. Definitely a worthy sound upgrade. I will be trying more cartridges with extra headshells.

I am awaiting a Mint alignment guide. I just used the Technics mounting guide today.

I do probably most of my day to day listening with the Bricasti (just so easy), but sometimes when I just want to sit and enjoy music, its vinyl.

Today, I have been listening Dire Straights, ZZ Top, Nickel Creek and now some Bill Evans - Waltz for Debby