View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 PM

I'll get the ball rolling. I had the opportunity to audition some Vandersteen 7s recently with an Aesthetix Romulus CD player, Calypso preamp and Atlas monoblocks. These speakers have a huge wow factor with a massive soundstage, holographic imaging and visceral bass through its powered subwoofers. Vocals and instruments seemed to float in space in front of me. It was quite literally a jaw dropping experience.

After the audition, I was concerned that when I returned home and listened to my system, I would be disappointed with it. However, I am happy to report that this was not the case at all. What I love about the Revel Salon 2s is they are so darn transparent that they just step out of the way and let you enjoy the music. I find that there is almost a zero fatigue factor with these speakers. Their transparancy never gets old or goes out of style.

Am I saying that the Salon 2s are better than the Vandersteen 7s? No, that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is when you can go listen to some speakers that are more than double the cost and blow you away, and then come home and still greatly enjoy your own speakers, then my friend you have a winner.

Ken