View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jim.......Good luck in your quest to find another tuner that delivers all the features and performance of the McIntosh MR88.

You just can't pass up an opportunity to get another dig in on McIntosh, right? It seems like every post you've made lately has one. Say what you like, but McIntosh does not have a "horrific quality control problem". Just because you seem to revel in bashing them on a regular basis doesn't mean your exaggerated rhetoric represents the truth or anything near it.

We get it. There's a sand spur under your saddle blanket. You have made it abundantly clear on more than one occasion you're finished with McIntosh for whatever reasons. That's fine, but why continue to make yourself appear intolerant by continuously spouting negative exaggerations? There are plenty of McIntosh owners worldwide that don't share your opinion at all.

I see a new Esoteric K-03 in your signature. By all accounts it is a fantastic machine, but don't think for a minute Esoteric hasn't had reliability issues with their gear. They certainly have. All companies have design and production issues, as well as failures from time to time. The best companies rise to those challenges and solve them, and that includes McIntosh.

As a McIntosh fan for nearly 45 years, I felt obliged to offer my opinion. I doubt seriously you are enlisting many, if any, avid followers with your constant negative McIntosh barrage, but carry on as you wish. Each time I read a post of yours like the one above I acquire a reduced sense of value for the worth of your comments in general, but hey, that's just me.
These types of posts are why I don't view this forum as particularly "friendly", despite protestations to the contrary. It seems fine to bash Magico and other brands that the inner circle here do not like, but any negative comments about McIntosh or Wilson (and other brands) bring vitriol in response.

Clearly the OP has had bad experiences with McIntosh. Why not just respond to his inquiry about other tuners? I read his McIntosh aside as stating the reason for his switch, nothing more.