View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Music Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington

It was nice and easy to get to. Bathrooms were clean and that's not always the case in some of these countries. I remember when we went to the British Virgin Islands and we booked a four hour excursion to what is called "The Baths". We had to take a 45 minute boat ride, followed by a 10 minute bus ride to get there. That's almost an hour at the beginning and at the end. So our four hour excursion turned into two. I think you're the first person I've heard complain about Labadee. They usually complain about Jamaica.
When I stop at islands I like to get out and explore the towns and see the locals. Go where all the other tourists are not. In Labadee your dropped off on a half mile beach with everyone from the cruise ship. The shopping is dirty little shacks lined up in the woods and they chase you all the way thru trying to sell you stuff. The beach is crowded with all the people from your ship. That's it, you and 20-30 locals. And these locals are rough looking. You mentioned booze on the beach. There is if you want to buy it. Alcohol is not free on Royal Caribbean cruises. I don't drink, so this was not an issue for me. There are guards surrounding the little village & beach(a bit hidden, but if you look you can see them) to keep you safe. This is Haiti after all.

With all that said, I'm sure many do enjoy it. Just not me.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect

Last edited by Rilands; 08-27-2012 at 10:24 PM.