View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 07:44 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments.

PHC1 I think most people in this hobby have a certain tenacity I'm sure we all agree that the trick is to identify what you like and don't like, and then decide if you can do anything about it. If you can't, then it is time to change speakers. If you can, then it helps to know audio engineers who know what they are doing!

Everyone who has heard the standard Acapella knows that as shipped, they have certain compromises. 99% of audiophiles will expect to run them mono-amped via the passive crossover. Very few will bother with an active crossover, buy multiple amps, and not to mention - own the equipment needed to do sweeps and level match. If you are willing to bite the bullet, it is possible to get better sound than shipped from the factory.

chessman: like I said, I had a lot of help along the way. By myself I am an electronics dunce. I knew what I wanted, and I find that helps a lot!

howie and JSCC: you sold the Violons! That was one of the reasons I joined this forum! Violon owners are few and far between. I only know of 6 other Violon owners and we are in regular correspondence. Would you guys like to post pictures of your setup in here? Would be curious to look.
Source: Playback Designs MPS-5, Micro-Seiki BL99V, MA505 Mk2, Lyra Dorian, Denon 103D, RCM Sensor Phono Stage. Amplification: Cary SLP-05 pre, Cary CAD-211AE, SGR EL30S power, Marchand XM44. Speakers: Acapella High Violon, JL Audio F110 subwoofer pair. Pictures here