View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcardave View Post
Driving my Sopra 2's with a MC352 and a MX121. Waiting for my C47 stereo preamp to be delivered soon. Will run it in bypass mode. The Sopra and MC352 is a great combo.
I have a few questions but the inability to post a new thread until I'm fully approved is really quite barbaric ! At any rate, I am allowed to comment so here goes:

I'm on an upgrade path to a 2 decade old system. I just upgraded my tube pre to a Moon 740P and was very happy with the results. The rest of my system is : Bluesound node 2 (soon to be Lumin 2), Esoteric DV-50s (don't use much), MC 352 amp and B&W 802 Nautilus speakers (circa 1999). My next purchase is going to be new speakers. My budget is $20K + or - . So, I'm in the range of Focal Sopra No. 3s or B&W 802 3ds, neither of which I've been able to audition yet. Will I be able to drive the Sopra No. 3s with the MC 352 ? I was hoping to use it until its last breath but don't want to drop $20K on speakers I can't appropriately drive. If its a toss up between the B&Ws or Sopras, I'll go Sopras because they are quite attractive.