View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
Gentlemen, forgive my assertiveness but I still need the object of comparison. Without no landmarks I'm forced to take a leap of faith, to blindly believe in your (otherwise beautiful) description which might not resonate with my preference for sound. I need some amp models, some systems... What kind of music do you listen too? Is it ok on classical music, on Mahler, on Shostakovich? Is is fast?

P.S. My apologies for being so finical!
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR 72v DBS, AudioQuest Everest DBS 72V, AudioQuest Hurricane High Current 72V DBS, AudioQuest NRG-10 72V DBS, AudioQuest Diamond USB 216V DBS, UpTone ISO Regen w USPCB A>B Adapter
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3
While it is possible to describe the "general" attributes of an audio component, the final outcome will depend on too many factors such as amp/speaker interaction and synergy, your speaker/room interaction, your taste and preference with tonal balance and presentation, the source components, to some degree cabling choice and yes, the musical genres that "dominate" your listening habits and preference.

I have already tried to describe in detail the "general" attributes of the Luxman L-590AXII, the rest I am afraid will be up to you to discover for yourself as it will not help you much if I start to compare my BAT, ARC, McIntosh, Lamm, D'Agostino, Shindo, Bryston, Krell and other gear with the various speakers such as Sonus Faber, Dynaudio, Martin Logan, Tannoy, Wilson Audio, etc.. all of which were used in different pairings in different rooms...

If you have a dealer you can visit and give the Luxman 590 a good listen, chances are, you will own it, if that is what you have in mind for your speakers. That much I can say with confidence.