View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumhorn View Post
Thanks, PHC1!

I have read that review, and although he compares the physical and technical differences between the -15 & -17, he doesn't compare them sonically.

Just as some Pass Labs fans prefer the older ".5" version amps over the newer ".8" versions, I'm trying to get a feel for which phonostage I would prefer. While my goal is "true-to-live", since that is never fully achieved, I much prefer to err on the side of warm, full and tonally rich & colorful rather than cool, thin & tonally bleached & "gray", even if other attributes are better on the cool side. I love medieval instruments, which have very distinctive tonal colors & textures and overtones. I've heard more than a few highly-regarded electronics which failed miserably at conveying their gestalt, draining them of "life.". That is what I am trying to avoid...

SOTA Star-Cosmos hybrid (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel)/SME V/Koetsu Rosewood Signature, Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck, Pass Labs XP-30 & Hovland HP-100 preamps, Edge G8+ monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks, Infinity IRS Beta & Rockport Atria Speakers, MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs, Shunyata Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs
I understand and given that you are using Koetsu Rosewood Signature, I kind of knew what your sound preference is.

Any reason not to trust your knowledgeable dealer's advice???