View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:11 PM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
My father also used to have a "shortwave" German Grundig Radio that was his pride and joy. He would listen to stations from half around the world as if it was the window into the free world... I often sat and admired the radio proudly displayed on the table as my father would be "tuning" into various stations with the knobs.

So yes, no doubt audio has touched many audiophiles in one way or another and stuck from the early age, even if subconsciously.
Wow, I forgot... we got a Grundig short wave, I think inherited from my uncle when I was very young... I used to listen to it all the time. You also reminded me that I used to listen to my fathers Glenn Miller compilations when I was 8? This discussion is reminding me how deeply rooted music was in my childhood. I always think of it as a teen age interest... but that was just a change in kind of music that I listened to at that age .
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.