View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrisik View Post
If you are not looking at a second F12 down the line, in your shoes I would definitely go with the pair of L12s unless there is something in the amp configuration of the F12 that you need. Everything I'm reading indicates the L12 is not at all far from the F12 in pure sound quality and output. My bet is that two of them vs. one F12G would perform better in a system in a room. Two subs really helps even out peaks and dips around the room and wouldn't have to be pushed as hard as a single sub.
The only differences are about 70 watts more power for the amp with a single driver and the quality of the driver cone of the F12G , which is a design from GR Research, extending the bass further up to allow for a higher cross-over setting, of up to 120 dB. The F12G also has a lower cross-over range (low pass) of 25 Hz vs 30 Hz for the L12.

Since my room is small, two 300-watt drivers (stereo) should be better, power wise, than the single 370 watts of the F12G. In addition, since I cross-over at 100 Hz (because of my fixed High Pass filters), the F12G's extended bass capability won't be used much at that 100 Hz cross-over as opposed to someone crossing at 120 Hz. But, this is only my assessment, so I'm open to corrections.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited by Musica Amantem; 08-31-2017 at 11:46 AM.