View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 05:23 PM

Default Advice: Fitting 5 components on a 4-wide storage unit + flat spot to place laptop?

Hi...wondering if anyone has tips on how to fit 5 components on top of a 4 unit wide base. Will try framing the exact situation below, and if anyone has advice I'm all ears! Been twisting my brain trying to think of options. Thanks in advance...

SITUATION & GOALS
> Currently have a BDI furniture unit that is 77" long, so could squeeze 4 components across the top (but barely). Inside the BDI unit can get hot, so I try to avoid fitting anything high end inside... I typically use it as storage of ugly items that should be hidden such as HDMI receiver, wifi router, ps3, cable modem, dvr, etc.
> As an ideal end state, I would like to eventually fit on top of this furniture 5 components: 2 x MC1.2kw + C2300 + Esoteric K03 + VPI Classic.
> I would also like the ability to "plug and place" a MacBook on top a component (such as above the K03) so when playing files from my Mac as the primary source, a short WW USB could be used from the Mac to the K03.

Any ideas for how to accomplish this? I'm unfamiliar with what items would be "stackable" raw (without additional shelving between), or if there's anything that could be purchased to help two units stack on top of each other. In that case, I assume the best combo would be the VPI Classic above the C2300 if there's a slim and safe way to stack these).

Yes, I have LONG way to go on purchases, but want to solution how this would work.

Thank you for reading, and sharing your advice and experiences.
ryan

[MacBook with Audirvana+ -- WW Plat USB -- W4S DAC2 -- WW Silver IC -- C2300 NOS Telefunken blue tips -- WW Silver IC -- Mc252 -- 803S] + [dual Fathom F113 v2] + [WW Silver PC's]
Long term goals, one piece at a time