View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Semi-audiophile

Interesting (to me) thing. Those who live in/near NYC may know of Stereo Exchange. The store is moving and so has a clearance sale on. I noted they have the C52 in stock, and probably at a good price. The reason this is interesting is that I didn't call to reserve one and then run to the store to get it (at least, I haven't). While the state of my wallet is a factor surely, perhaps this really means that after the tweaking I've done with my setup the C2300's sound and it being a tube unit no longer matter. The focus is on the system's sound, not the ins and outs of one component. The more immediate concern appears now to be power cords and what changes they effect.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks