View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:03 PM

jeffkad, pls try to load my files,from some other computer,they're normal JPG pics in .RAR format, you will see that it can provide deep bass, and alsowhen it didn't when set in some location as well.

Average quality of music is not the problem, poor or average recording mostly never lack of bass quantity,
but average player can make less than enough bass quality/power. As I said my Levinson 436 with 700watt on tap at 4 ohm still can't make powerful sound out of Salon2. I tried Audessy once too, you will never bring up null from room mode with EQ, what you get is just more distortion from speakers and amps if you EQ it up too far. I suggest you to do measurement. use simple tools like XTZ analyzer or normal radio shack SPL meter+ some low frequency test tones. Try to find at what frequency that is lacking. I think even average amp with average power should not causing lack of bass too.
Tonality should still be right, but average amp with ave power output will make sound
less punchy, less powerful or less conrolled in the bass when you crank it up, but normally it shouldn't cause any lack of bass in this context, the tonal balance shouldn't be that off. And if you have dip or null in any frequency, I doubt that bass trap will help in this matter.

I do suggest you to make some measurement.
Oh and, what about the switch in the back ? please make sure that Low Freq Compensation switch is set at NORMAL.
Also, how about your bi-wire speaker cables ? is it large enough ? what is AC cord feeding your OPPO and Sunfire amp ? are they standard black PVC cords ?
Is your Sunfire amp a " multi channel " ?

TOGA

PS what you have is one in a handful of speakers that make impressive deep bass and bass power.

Last edited by TOGA; 02-23-2012 at 02:17 PM.