View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 12:44 PM

If you're set on Wireworld power cables, I'd probably suggest getting one or two to start.
In my experience, there's no guarantee about what sounds good and where. Try an upgraded power cable on your source, the conditioner, and amps and see what sounds the best. If you get two power cables, it gives you more flexibility to experiment and see what combination sounds best, and if you think that additional cables will sound good on all your components.

Each range of WW power cables have a different character so the choice should be what best matches your equipment. But in place of trying the different varieties of WW power cables, it does hold true that the higher up the line you go, the more "audiophile" they get.

As far as WW having a conditioner built in, I think it refers to the claims of resistance of the design to noise and emf/rmf - not that there is an active device in the cable - at least this is how I understood it in the past.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables