View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 03:36 PM

Hi guys,

New to the forum but been keeping an eye on this thread!

Just wanted to hear from those with Dan's mods in place. I've recently built a new system with the Oppo as source. Everything seems reasonable apart from a little boom on the bottom end, the typical digital harshness on the treble and most annoying, a lack of mid resulting in a lack of cohesion between top and bottom.

Being a new system this could be made up of a few factors but i reckon source is the main culprit. It is good, just not 'that' good. (my previous was MSB).

Being in the UK i have access to Audiocom who provide two levels of mod, the reference and the signature. I was going to send it there for modding then thought about Dan and decided to get some tubes put in. Should sort the mid range out no problem.

Although now i'm thinking about getting Audiocom to do the reference mod (Superclock 4, Bybee rail for clock, Bybee Slipstream purifiers, upgraded video/digital power supply, RF absorbing, resonance control etc) and then have it sent to Dan for his magic touch.

So, those that have one of Dan's running at the moment, whats your thoughts? As much of a legend as the 5400 or Transporter? Has it improved significantly? Has there been a complete change from top to bottom?

Basically approaching this as a long term source due to being able to do pretty much everything so looking to get the best from it.