View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Charles, does that superb power cord with all the current carrying capability somehow supersede the Romex wiring in your walls? At the end of the day, all the talk about power and current carrying is between the fancy outlet, the super power cord and your gear is still dependent on the old adage of "the chain is only as strong as the weakest link".

Flipping the variables around in that equation, will necessarily yield the following conclusion. Romex wire is adequate for the 20 amp current carrying capability your electric panel is designed to give you. One can therefore also deduce that an anaconda hanging out the back of your amp far exceeds the capabilities of the rest of the chain.
Serge, excellent points. Can't refute a single thing you say. But my system is dead quiet at full volume and my background from which the music emerges and room are silent. I'm happy.

I think all on AA should read and pay attention to your points because I believe there to be a middle ground where most in our wonderful hobby wish to reside. You help us to achieve that middle ground and save us a lot of money that could be better spent.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 01-11-2021 at 01:01 AM.