View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 08:51 AM

Hi!

Just have a couple of questions, I've been searching but couldn't find anything about this.

I'm thinking on having an active 3-way Accuphase system, with 3 Accuphase A-36 amplifiers.

Of course, I need the DF-65 to act as a crossover, but:

- Does DF-65 work as a preamplifier once configured as a crossover?

- Can frequency response be equalized with DF-65? I'll treat the room but also want the last 10% of greatness only achieved by digital correction, goal is to have B&K curve frequency response at listening position. Do I need to add DG-58 to achieve this?

- Do I need to add an analog preamplifier to the setup (this would be a deal breaker for price reasons)?

- I have a custom PC, fanless with SSD drives and a TEAC blu-ray reader, and use it for music listening and home theater, I don't need a CD/SACD player, how do I connect those units to the PC? SPDIF PCI-E card? From what I understand, HS-LINK (RJ-45 ethernet connectors) only works with Accuphase products, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I need something like a DEQX HDP5 (crossover, preamp, ad/da, eq all in one) but want to have all Accuphase for maximum sound quality/synergy.

Would be glad if someone can help me with those doubts, I'm confused as hell.
Thanks!