View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 09:06 AM

Aaaaggghhhh, Paul your question is a killer and one which I know has been debated here and elsewhere and both units have come out winners. I am aware that many enthusiasts do prefer the LL2D (as I did for a time), but I will go as far as saying that the L2R to me is the more "organic" sounding pre and ultimately is probably my preferred unit, but I have periods of wanting only to use the LL2D...........in my set up as it's higher gain is desirable (from memory this can be varied on the LL2.1D). I would ask others to chip in as I have long since avoided the analysis of the "sound" of equipment........I just get on and (hopefully) enjoy the music produced by whichever pre-amp is connected at the time. One can naturally speculate on the dealer's recommendation, but that would probably be ingracious?

You are considering making a reasonably significant purchase and I am certain everyone here will undoubtedly recommend that you need to somehow arrange to listen to both units with the ML2.2s prior to purchase. I had the same issue when I purchased my ML2.2s but I had owned the ML2s for many years along with both pre-amps so had a good idea of what I could expect.

Last edited by Smp; 12-01-2016 at 10:09 AM.