View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddeophile View Post
This is why I went with the much easier to drive and equally gorgeous and beautiful sounding Studio 2's. I was not about to change out my beloved tube amplifier and I can't live with SS amps.

If not for that yes I'd have easily gone for the magnificent Salons. My Studio 2/tube system is beyond anything I've had in almost 50 years in this hobby and one I can easily live with love and enjoy immensely the rest of my days.
Same here. Best sound I've ever had with many miles under the keel. To be fair, I think it's nothing short of fabulous listening to the Salons with the 452 and C52. I wouldn't want much less but they're both odes to how good SS can be. I'm as pleased as I could be with my choices.....but they always say that!

BTW, I ordered the Studios first (on a Friday) but over the ensuing weekend I decided to go with the Salons when a discussion with a couple of buddies convinced me the room could handle them. Same thing with the room as it is with the amp though. I wouldn't want much less room than I have now for these.

I could easily live happily ever after with the Studios or for that matter, with the F208s. Harman/Revel has done a brilliant job of designing these things while creating a whole family of excellent products, which of course they had to do to remain competitive. It's a golden era for music lovers as far as the equipment is concerned.

And one more thing. Mark Knopfler is a genius! I just had a transcendent experience listening to Shangri-La. What a musician!

Last edited by Pampero; 06-12-2016 at 07:03 PM.