View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 07:33 AM
Semi-audiophile

Another hopeful sign. I bought the Zach Snyder Justice League movie on blu-ray. I finished it yesterday. It is much better than the 2017 version. It sounded great, and my attention wasn't diverted to the sound; it remained focused on the story and what happened on the screen, with the sound being part of the whole. That is a good sign.

What's not so good is the idea of that upgrade to Transparent Super crept back into my head as well. Even though I appreciated what I heard with Justice League, curiosity still creeps in, it seems. Also, it's been a while since I played anything other than blu-rays; that might be something to consider. I have been re-discovering old song favorites recently, not by playing them on my system, but through watching reaction videos on YouTube. While it's nice to get a (usually) younger person's perspective on the songs, that should drive me to the CD or LP I own and listen that way. So far it hasn't. I think convenience plays a factor there. Much easier to pull up the videos on YouTube (even with the annoying way ads are inserted now) and watch. I'm getting lazy.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks