View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchperfect View Post
A full Shindo system will allow you to hear what the designer truly intended - like most complete systems. That being said, a Shindo preamp installed within the context of a well designed setup will improve the performance of that system.

I have personally sold/installed dozens of Shindo speakers - A less pricey alternative would be other brands, of course. Not everyone can spend $29.9k, or more , on a pair of speakers, hence the appeal of $7,500 DeVore Nines or Orangutans O/96's, etc.

Shindo doesn't make an 'entry level' speaker, per se, it depends on your associated equipment, listening style, preference, room dimensions, etc.

-Matt
I understand not everyone can spend $29K on speakers but on this forum there are some heavy hitters that change systems like the seasons. So it must also come down to looks and personal preference of what another speaker brand can do better. I like to hear from current Shindo owners what made them chose a different speaker brand (whether, price,sound, looks, good deal or all of the above)
Shunyata Research Sigma USB and Ethernet
Argento Audio speaker cables and interconnects