View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 05:31 AM

Joey, I don't think it was. I have never thought of you as such. I think your opinions to the point and worthwhile. Other folks for some reason like to rain on a person's parade. I don't know why. I try my best to avoid negative comments about folk's gear. But saying you don't understand is not a negative but honest comment.

In my neck of the woods it's the middle of the night. The rest of the family is asleep. Years of being up all night in the ER has caused me to sleep solidly about 4-5 hours. Then I'm up, wide awake. I can lay there for 2-3 hours. I refuse to take sleeping meds or I can go up to my mancave and listen to wonderful music for those 2-3 hours. Then go back to bed about 5:30-6 when the suns coming up and sleep to 9.

When I wake up I'm refreshed and ready to go for the day. I can't put a price tag on that.

Other than the great synergy with Wilsons, my Macs allow me to monitor my watts. Right now I'm listening to Chet Baker Legendary Recordings at between .12-1.2 watts peak hold. It sounds plenty loud. Yet in the day I need 1.2-12 watts for the same effect. I have found my hearing to be variable but the meters don't lie.

My XVX is the only speaker I have ever owned where the bass is as natural at .12 watts as 12 watts. Loudness control is not needed with an XVX. You have to hear it on a regular basis to believe it. I can't put a price tag on this. The XVX has other amazing properties I can't mention. You have to live with it for an extended period and it's difficult to explain.

With an XVX it sounds like live music. Changing the volume doesn't alter the sound at all. It's really difficult to explain this and I am sure I am not doing a good job.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 08-14-2020 at 05:48 AM.