View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 11:16 AM

Welcome abcde (clever moniker[emoji16]). I don’t think I can really compare the English 8Switch and the EtherRegen, they serve different purposes in my system. In my network cabinet, I use the 8Switch to connect all my streaming-related devices: NAS, 4 streamers, and server. It’s a good, high-quality switch, and I need the 8 ports. From there I have a 30’ run of Audioquest Forest that goes to my main system, where the EtherRegen sits in front of my Linn Klimax streamer. The EtherRegen serves as a final “moat” to provide isolation for the Linn and gets rid of any vestiges of noise in the system. You can use the ER as a switch too, but it only has 4 ports.

So I guess it depends on your system. If you only need 4 ports, or if you want to go optical, then I’d say the ER because of its isolation capabilities. If you need more ports, then I can highly recommend the 8Switch.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax DSM2/Organik/Utopik, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2